FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing two different videos to be played in two separated projectors

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rafa marmo
Editing two different videos to be played in two separated projectors
on Apr 19, 2020 at 4:52:04 pm

Hi!
I need to edit two different videos synchronized with one audio track.
They will be played in two different projectors, but I need them to be very coordinated because the audio track in common will be a sort of music track.

Is it possible to have two different visual previews of both videos in the same sequence?
To be clear, i'm not recording the same scene with multiple cameras, so I think the multicamera options are not for me.
This is an example of my ideal editing settings, to explain it better: "use track #1 to make a video montage and preview it on tab #1, and with track # 2 to make another video montage and preview it on tab #2". In that way, when I press play on the sequence during editing, both preview screens would play at same time, with two different montages.

Is there any way to do this in Premiere?
If not, any suggestion as much close as possible to my requirements?

Thank you!!

Return to posts index

Tod Hopkins
Re: Editing two different videos to be played in two separated projectors
on Apr 20, 2020 at 3:18:50 am

Edit both streams in a single master "canvas" (a sequence in Premiere). For instance, if your goal is two 1080p sequences, then nest these side-by-side in a double-wide sequence (3840x1080p) for synchronous review. This will work fine if there is no "overlap" of content from one screen to another. If there is, then this would happen in the double-wide "master" sequence which you would then nest into output sequences that crop out each screen's worth from the master.

Many variations of the above, but that's the basic idea. A master sequence contains your full canvas for composition and review, and nested sequences contain individual screens only. The order in which you nest depends on your particular needs.

I will warn you that keeping track of nested sequences can be daunting. Stay organized.

Cheers,
tod

Tod Hopkins
Hillmann & Carr Inc.
Washington, DC

Return to posts index

rafa marmo
on Apr 20, 2020 at 11:09:17 am

Thank you very much. Tod!

I have another question. It's not about Premiere, but as I explained before my case I think it's better to ask it here.

After the editing and the exportation of the clips, can anyone suggest an example of software to synchronize both videos and the audio channel? I will need one laptop sending both videos to two projectors and playing the audio at the same time.
I should embed the audio to only one of the two clips, right?

Thank you all again,
R

Return to posts index

Tod Hopkins
on Apr 20, 2020 at 12:00:06 pm

Yes, you only want one audio playback. I generally include audio on the stream that requires the hardest sync. In a two-screen show, it's probably a coin toss.

Software. Dataton Watchout, overkill, not cheap and you need a lot of horsepower. It depends on how critical sync is. You could hack something if your hardware has the horsepower. For instance, play one 3840x1080 stream across an expanded desktop split between two projectors. People have done two screen presentations with two people pressing play on two laptops. This assumes the plus-minus a few frames is not critical. If your screens do not overlap or "seam" then your sync probably isn't critical.

I use synchronized media players. One is the master and the others are slaved. This should give you plus/minus one frame. Generally these are connected in a local LAN, but they can be connected directly. Brightsign players is dominating the installation market at the moment, though they might be overkill for your purposes. You might call an event rental facility. They likely have Dataton Watchout dedicated players or something similar for rent.

Tod Hopkins
Hillmann & Carr Inc.
Washington, DC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]