FORUMS: list search recent posts

Un-Rendering BS

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Goldberg
Un-Rendering BS
on Oct 11, 2019 at 3:59:00 pm

I need some help before I throw this software in the trash.

I'm working with keyed out footage, which requires rendering to play back smoothly in full quality.

The problem is that after rendering, I can do the simplest tasks and the footage un-renders, forcing me to do it all over again.

I can understand that the footage un-renders if I place a clip over the rendered part of the timeline.

Where I start to get annoyed is when a simple cut un-renders the footage, or placing new footage in a completely different area of the timeline does the same thing to the whole project.

I'd appreciate some help and understanding.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Un-Rendering BS
on Oct 12, 2019 at 9:55:21 am

Pretty much normal behavior on many NLE's, not just Premiere Pro. Timeline renders aren't meant to be permanent, just to make playback on a variety of timelines possible on a variety of computer setups. To eliminate it within Premiere Pro, simply create the keyed composite shot with some handles, set in/out points, export it, import that to the bins, and drop the comped shot in your timeline.

If it is chroma key, I often get superior results using After Effects to comp the shots. Once saved, I can go back into that AE project and make alternate versions later if I require them.

Nature of the beast.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]