FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apply global LUT?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Nicholson
Apply global LUT?
on Oct 5, 2019 at 7:34:45 pm

I just received a half-hour show to color and find out "oh by the way" it was all shot in C-Log. How do I apply the LUT globally across over about 400 clips? The Input LUT field grays out when selecting more than one clip.

Return to posts index

Ken Nicholson
Re: Apply global LUT?
on Oct 5, 2019 at 7:45:57 pm

Adjustment Layer is the only thing that comes to mind. Would rather apply to each clip though...

Return to posts index

Ken Nicholson
on Oct 5, 2019 at 7:53:50 pm

DUH!!!
Copy/Past Attributes of course!!!!
Moderator, please kill this dumb message.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Oct 6, 2019 at 4:50:46 pm

There's actually a much better way to globally apply LUTs.

Create a LUT look on one clip and then export that LUT as an effect preset.
Next, highlight all of the clips in a bin that you want this newly created preset effect to apply to and then drag the newly created preset effect onto those highlighted clips. All of those clips will now have the LUT effect applied as a master clip effect.

The benefit of this method is that if down the road you want to adjust this look you simply create a new LUT and export it as another preset effect. Then highlight all of the clips that you want to apply the new look to and turn off the master clip effects on those clips (just by right clicking with the clips highlighted and selecting disable master clip effects). And now drag the new LUT effect onto those clips and all will change.

The real bonus is that if you've already edited these clips into a timeline, when you apply LUTs in this way all of your clips will change in the timeline and so there's no need to copy and paste attributes one by one.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tmprods
tallmanproductions.net

Return to posts index

Ken Nicholson
on Oct 6, 2019 at 7:49:36 pm

That's a great method Greg, thanks for the tip. I just did a big lasso around all the clips I wanted to apply the LUT to and so one paste put them all in. I can see yours and other advantages from using your way. I'll try it out on the next episode of this show when I get it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]