FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird Audio Channel Problem - Only getting 1 channel of audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin Steele
Weird Audio Channel Problem - Only getting 1 channel of audio
on Oct 4, 2019 at 2:35:04 pm

Hi so I did a shoot with my Sony FS5mII camera with 2 channels of audio with 2 lav mics.

For some reason though the audio is being weird in Premiere and only giving me one channel.

For example, for my interview, Premiere originally only showed me audio from one of my lav mics, across 4 channels. I assumed that I screwed up in the field and only had the one lav mic working. But then I reimported the clip days later, and now I have the proper 2 channels of audio. Hooray! But now all my edit needs to fixed since now I have the 2nd lav mic.

Another problem is that yesterday, I was working on my edit and for the audio I had both lav's as an option. I singled out one person's lav. But now today, for some random 'ghost' reason, the Premiere switched the audio channel to the other lav. When I hit 'F' and go to the source video, it shows now I only have one channel of audio when previously I had 2.

Whats going on here? Any ideas? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Weird Audio Channel Problem - Only getting 1 channel of audio
on Oct 5, 2019 at 10:04:32 am

What version of Adobe CC?

Did you import using Adobe's Media Browser?

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Austin Steele
Re: Weird Audio Channel Problem - Only getting 1 channel of audio
on Oct 5, 2019 at 6:17:24 pm

I have version 13.1.5.

I didn't import with Media Browser. Never have I just drag and drop the folder usually. Been doing it for years with no issues. Is that what I'm doing wrong?!

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]