FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any assistant editing tips when moving from Avid to Premiere?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Troy Weaver
Any assistant editing tips when moving from Avid to Premiere?
on Sep 20, 2019 at 4:30:09 pm

So here's the main question: Does anyone know of any weird hiccups I should be look out for while assisting in PP or any random advice?

Now for the reason I'm asking:

While I'm definitely more efficient in Avid Media Composer, I'm not a stranger to Premiere Pro as an editor. I work in a post house that is primarily an Avid house but we do get little side projects that are PP based and those always come to me since the other editors are entirely Avid editors.

As an assistant, that's a different story. We're bringing in an editor to work with us from a larger market who's used to having an assistant and they want me to help out. No biggie. I started my career in a bigger market as an assistant and, because of that, am also the only editor in house who has any knowledge of how assistants and editors work together.

I know I'm overthinking this but here's my struggle: while I have Avid assisting knowledge and PP editing knowledge, I've never worked assisting a PP editor. We're going to be in separate rooms and I know PP and Avid handle two users in a project very differently, plus the way they handle media, etc.

Any and all thoughts are welcome.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]