FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export getting frozen when the monitor falls asleep

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Buck
Export getting frozen when the monitor falls asleep
on Aug 26, 2019 at 8:44:17 pm

Having a strange problem with exporting I've not had before. When I export my project using Adobe Media Encoder everything seems fine for a good while. Then suddenly the monitor appears to sleep. The PC seems to still be going at it as the fan is working like crazy but for some reason using the keyboard or moving the mouse will not bring back the monitor to life. The only way out is a hard reset, losing any progress made on the export.

I've made sure on device manager the keyboard and mouse are set to wake up the PC during sleep mode, and I did a system restore to a date I didn't have this problem.

Even more strange is I've changed when the PC to sleeps to 'never' but the problem is still recurring. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Export getting frozen when the monitor falls asleep
on Aug 27, 2019 at 3:31:30 am

Might be your graphics card overheating.
Try switching rendering to Mercury Engine Software Only in the drop down menu in the encoding window.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Buck
on Aug 27, 2019 at 12:54:42 pm

Hi John,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have tried switching rendering to Mercury Engine Software Only, this allowed the render to carry on without stopping for a good 4/5 hours but sadly the same problem just recurred, wasn't quite enough time to complete the export of my project.

So the issue definitely seems to be overheating (the back of the tower was getting real hot for sure), not sure how to proceed now, never had this issue before?

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Aug 27, 2019 at 2:22:41 pm

Sounds like overheating, GPU/possibly CPU. I would check into why that is happening, possible a fan may not be working. But in the meantime if you need to get this video out... Is this heavy in effects or plugins? Any AE Comps that are Dynamic Link I would render and place the renders on a layer above the original or replace in PPro. You may need to render out pieces to something like ProRes, re-import and assemble for a final export.
TC

Return to posts index

Jonathan Buck
on Aug 27, 2019 at 2:39:26 pm

Thanks for this Todd. There is no mad rush to finish the project so I will stick with solving the problem for now before I resort to your Pro Res idea. I would be surprised if the fan is broken because you can still hear it going and sounding like it usually does. Is there anything else I can try short of looking to see if I near to repair this?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Buck
on Aug 27, 2019 at 2:41:03 pm

I'm exporting again now but without the preview in Media Encoder, hopefully this will make it a little less taxing for my desktop...

Return to posts index

Jonathan Buck
on Aug 28, 2019 at 7:15:22 am

Not using the preview didn't help any. As a workaround I might try pausing it every 45 min so it doesn't overheat then render it out once its cooled back down but this is gonna make it take a hell of a lot longer. Driving me round the twist!

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Aug 28, 2019 at 9:18:06 am

Open up the case and check that you don't have any dust on the fans. I've had some issues where fans have gotten so gunked up they can't move the air around fast enough. You could also try to put a fan next to the computer and try to cool it off.

If there's actual hardware problems with your computer these are only temporary bandaids and you should start looking for a new computer or replacement parts.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Aug 29, 2019 at 10:18:49 pm

Yes. And you will have more than one fan. You could have one fan not working causing more heat and other fans to speed up to accomodate. So will need to open the case and check it out. A fan blowing into the case can help temporarily.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]