FORUMS: list search recent posts

What if Copy & Paste doesn't work?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Dean
What if Copy & Paste doesn't work?
on Aug 2, 2019 at 2:24:16 am

Hi - honestly asking for a friend - she is not able to copy material from one timeline, with in and out marks, and paste it into a second one. I do this all the time - it's essential to my workflow. But she has to make blade edits on Timeline 1, highlight the tracks she wants to copy, and only then will it paste into Timeline 2. Is there some kind of arcane preference setting that's preventing her from doing what I can do on my system? (We're working on different episodes of the same TV series, and we're both on Mac Mojave, PP 2018.) Thanks...

Return to posts index

John Heiser
Re: What if Copy & Paste doesn't work?
on Aug 2, 2019 at 4:27:46 pm

Track targeting, perhaps? If her source track isn't active, nothing will go to the clipboard. If the target track isn't active, nothing will go there (though it would go to whatever track is active).

BTW have you ever tried working with a pancake timeline workflow?

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas - Birmingham, AL

iMac Retina 5k, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz i7, 32GB RAM, Radeon Pro 580 8GB
G-Speed Studio TB-2 12TB RAID-5

Return to posts index

David Dean
Re: What if Copy & Paste doesn't work?
on Aug 2, 2019 at 6:42:35 pm

Hi, John - thanks for the quick reply. No, we both work with multichannel audio and multiclips, so we already deactivate the audio channels we don't want before copying and pasting (so yes, tracks ARE targeted). I was not familiar with pancake timelines, though, and just looked up a few YouTube videos about it. I'm definitely going to try it for our show, and maybe this will help my partner as well. Most of the videos just used the technique to move entire clips into the primary timeline, but one I saw did go into using in and out points by placing the timeline in the source monitor. I hope I can use a multiclip view as well, but I will definitely explore the technique. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]