FORUMS: list search recent posts

Are there standard, bug-free, reliable versions of Premiere Pro CC?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Withers
Are there standard, bug-free, reliable versions of Premiere Pro CC?
on Jul 30, 2019 at 3:33:31 am

Hi all,
I got into Pr Pro unfortunately a little late -- after the window for outright purchase of CS 6 software, which I've always heard of as reliable, predictable, versatile software.

So I got stuck with the first version of infinitely rentable Creative Cloud Premiere, which I call CC "2013" because that's when it came out. Then Adobe seemed to start updating this software more frequently than yearly and I heard lots of complaints from individuals about getting Premiere CC to work consistently with each new version. I've managed to avoid chasing Adobe's Update Fever, but I wonder,

Are there any specific versions of Premiere CC that are known to be especially reliable or especially buggy?

Yes I'm partly asking for a friend. Yes I'm hoping Resolve will save me from infinite rentals and update churn of Premiere CC.

By the way, I've never had an issue with Premiere "2013' beyond the long learning curve (I'm sure your mileage varies).

Thanks,
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Antoine Dorni
Re: Are there standard, bug-free, reliable versions of Premiere Pro CC?
on Jul 30, 2019 at 7:38:31 am

Hi Robert,
That's a good question. If you are fine with PPro CS6, then stay with it for as long as you can. Don't update just because you want to stay up to date, it will make your life miserable with Adobe products ☺
I remember After Effects CS5.5 and CS6 were good releases so it might have been the same for Premiere Pro !
Cheers
Antoine

AfterCodecs and BRAW Studio plugins for Adobe CC https://autokroma.com/

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
on Jul 30, 2019 at 10:27:21 am

The upgrades we had to do (company systems) CC 2013 were 2015 and 2017. We had no issues with the most updates releases of those versions.

We won't update again until system hardware gets replaced and we end up on Win10 (still Win7 at this time.)

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jul 30, 2019 at 11:28:30 am

All software is buggy. I am running the most current version of everything on multiple machines (Mac) without issue.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Jul 30, 2019 at 9:31:55 pm

For me (mac version) I found the original CC (first version) with the last patch they made to be the most
reliable build up to that point. Then CC 2014 after that.

The least reliable buggy version is CC 2019

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jul 30, 2019 at 9:38:02 pm

There are many variable to bugginess. It depends on the OS version, codecs, and installed plug-ins, as much as the apps themselves. After that, the type of media i/o, such as local drives versus shared storage (NAS/SAN). So I doubt you'll get a definitive answer on this, since we all work in such a varied combination of things.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Jul 31, 2019 at 6:56:00 pm

I'm with Oliver. Latest updates and no problems on Late 2013 MacPro with Latest Mojave. Lot of bugginess may not come from Adobe, but everything that interacts with it - plug-ins, hardware, os, etc.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]