FORUMS: list search recent posts

My PPro suffers more crashes than the first turn at Daytona - what do I look for?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
My PPro suffers more crashes than the first turn at Daytona - what do I look for?
on Jul 25, 2019 at 2:34:22 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Jul 25, 2019 at 2:36:00 pm

Symptoms: really, almost anything will lock it up, but the worst thing is I start a brand new project, import a typical 1080 clip, then decide I want to switch panes to, say, the audio mixer panel or lumetri scopes. Soon as I click on one of those, it's beachball time and a forced quit. It can even happen when toggling to the Media bin.

2013 27-inchniMac, High Sierra os
3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7
Memory 32 GB 1600 MHZ DD@3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

System drive, 1.5 TB free
Promise Pegasus external RAID, 2 TB free

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: My PPro suffers more crashes than the first turn at Daytona - what do I look for?
on Jul 25, 2019 at 3:20:52 pm

Have you reset your preferences?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
Re: My PPro suffers more crashes than the first turn at Daytona - what do I look for?
on Jul 25, 2019 at 3:47:25 pm

I have a similar problem on an MSI laptop. I can import media but anything I do on the sequence locks up the program and i need to reboot. It started after either a Windows or NVIDIA update but Premiere is not the main purpose of the computer so it is difficult to figure out when it started.

Photoshop works fine.

I installed the free HitFilm Express for small editing tasks but I uninstalled Premiere. I even installed CS6 to see what happens, and that doesn't even open.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jul 25, 2019 at 4:32:12 pm

Yeah, I set it to prefer not to crash every five minutes./s

More seriously, pref changes had no effect.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Jul 25, 2019 at 3:53:16 pm
Last Edited By Todd Perchert on Jul 25, 2019 at 3:53:40 pm

Mark - I'd definitely look at trashing the prefs first. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2126506

Did this start after an update? Try rolling back to an earlier version of PPro.

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Jul 26, 2019 at 2:17:08 am

See what happens when you close your scopes on all your workspaces. At the very least have a panel other than scopes open on the workspace you're switching to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]