FORUMS: list search recent posts

'Cancel' vs 'Offline All'

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Drum
'Cancel' vs 'Offline All'
on Jul 19, 2019 at 5:15:23 pm

Hi everyone!

I've been having some issues with clips relinking to the wrong media. I suspect the reason could be how I handle the 'relink media' dialogue box.

Some varying clips I am working with have the same names. Not ideal, but have to work around it. When the media relinking box comes up, for a while, I was hitting 'cancel' instead of 'offline all'. Does hitting cancel give Premiere permission to look around and create links that it can find by filename? Will hitting offline all every time prevent these automatic links from happening?

Thanks for any info! 🐮

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: 'Cancel' vs 'Offline All'
on Jul 19, 2019 at 7:10:01 pm

Offline All does just that. The clips are now unlinked until you manually link them. The next time you open the project, Premiere will do nothing and not search for the last known linked media files. The clips stay offline.

Cancel just tells it to stop looking for the media, but it will look again the next time you open the project.

If you use media files with the same name, in the future make sure you have create XMP metadata turned on in preferences. It will create a unique ID in metadata for each media file instead of relying on the file name and will help prevent the wrong files from linking.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]