FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to credit a song

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Kellam
How to credit a song
on Jul 19, 2019 at 2:06:38 am

Anyone know how to credit a song in end credits of feature. I know one would put tittle and written by, etc. but do you credit the publisher (sync) or label (master) or both? Can you type me out an example thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Ben Hoskyn
Re: How to credit a song
on Jul 19, 2019 at 2:21:34 am

Hi Chris here's a quick example:

"(Song Title); Written by (songwriters/composers); Performed by (artist); Courtesy of (sound recording copyright claimant)."

from here: https://legalbeagle.com/12063914-give-credit-copyrighted-song.html

Return to posts index

Chris Kellam
on Jul 19, 2019 at 10:23:35 am

Thanks. I should have mentioned that I’ve already googled it. I’ve seen that. I appreciate the help but my question is who do I cite as copyright claimant? Is it the label or publisher? Am in entitled to credit both the holder of sync and master license? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ben Hoskyn
on Jul 24, 2019 at 3:36:57 pm

Yes in film/tv credits the norm is to credit the artist performing, the copyright holders of Sync rights (composer) and Master rights (record label usually), and you'd include "published by" there as well (typically a publisher owns a portion of the Sync rights).

In your music cue sheet you would specify the composer, arranger, publisher (and if multiple) how the % of each of those rights are split.

Return to posts index

Chris Kellam
on Jul 24, 2019 at 7:35:02 pm

Wonderful. Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]