FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere-Audition roundtrip struggles

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ben hoskyn
Premiere-Audition roundtrip struggles
on Jul 19, 2019 at 2:04:37 am

Hi all
I have a 45-min doc in Premiere that is ready for audio post (HD sequence, 16 audio tracks, stereo), and have been trying for a couple days to use the "Edit in Audition" dynamic link.

After Premiere processes it and Audition attempts to import it, most of the time I get a "General session error". Occasionally I get "unknown plug-in error". I've tried every iteration of settings in the "edit in audition" options, no improvement.

I've had occasional success sending a small portion of the timeline to Audition, between 1-3 mins long. But even then, it hasn't been consistent. Sometimes it works, sometimes I get one of those 2 import error messages.

In the Premiere timeline some multi-cam / nested sequence audio is used for interviews - inherently problematic in the workflow (sounds like I may have to manually un-nest each one of them... ?) . BUT I don't think it's causing the export/import issues - because even when I send a small portion of the timeline that doesn't include any of these nested clips, Audition gives me one or the other of those error messages.

Is anyone having success with the dynamic link to Audition on longer-form or more complex projects?

Any suggestions for how I can narrow down what is causing this issue? Or is it time to export AAFs and brush up on my PTs skills again...

Many thanks,
Ben.

i7-8700k 3.7ghz, 48gb, Windows 10 Home v1803, Premiere 13.1.3, Audition 12.1.2.3

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Premiere-Audition roundtrip struggles
on Jul 19, 2019 at 7:16:25 pm

You can export an OMF from Premiere and import that into Audition. See if that works.

If you want to debug this, I’d try duplicating your sequence. Try deleting all audio plugins from the dupe sequence (Select all audio clips, then use Remove Attributes). Flattening the multicam clips might be useful, too.

Return to posts index

Ben Hoskyn
Re: Premiere-Audition roundtrip struggles
on Jul 24, 2019 at 3:21:39 pm

Thanks John, appreciate your response. After some tidying up of the Premiere project audio tracks, and many attempts to import OMF into Audition, eventually it worked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]