FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pressing "M" twice will not bring up Mark Editor

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonas Dickson
Pressing "M" twice will not bring up Mark Editor
on Jul 12, 2019 at 8:50:19 pm

I've been having this sporadic issue for years where I will press "m" to mark a clip, then pressing it again (to bring up the Mark Edit Window) will seemingly do nothing. What it actually acts like it's doing is making another mark on top of the one just created. Pressing cmd-z will undo the action. So if I press "m" three times, cmd-z will need to be pressed three times to clear the "one" mark that I made. If I press "m" enough times, the Edit Mark window will finally appear, but at what cost? How many marks is that sitting on top of? Anyone know what could cause this? It doesn't happen all the time. The detail I'm noticing is that after pressing "m," the mark indicator (that shows the playhead is on the mark) will appear and then quickly disappear as if the playhead has moved off. Even zoomed all the way in where you can see the frame it's sitting on is actually on the mark. Any insight on this? I've tried all the usual things to fix. Close project, restart, etc.

Also found this odd behavior today on a couple clips where I marked the clap spike on an audio file, and the mark showed up "between" two frames and not right where I put the playhead. I thought that might have something to do with the separate audio being set to drop frame where the sequence is set to match the non-drop video? Would that make sense?

OKAY YES, so upon further investigation... Looking at the original audio file, it's set to drop frame. The video is not. So when I double click the external audio inside the sequence to open it in the source monitor, it's showing up as non-drop. I now see how this could be causing the strange behavior...

I'm just going to leave this here in case anyone else is having this problem. Also, would love other editors' insight on how they deal with it... Thanks!

Adobe Premiere Pro v13.1.2
Mac OS 10.13.6
iMac Pro 2017 64GB RAM and all that

Return to posts index

Roger Averdahl
Re: Pressing "M" twice will not bring up Mark Editor
on Jul 15, 2019 at 1:11:39 pm

[Jonas Dickson] "If I press "m" enough times, the Edit Mark window will finally appear, but at what cost?"

Use the shortcut for Edit Marker instead of pressing M multiple times. Press Ctrl+Alt+K to bring up the Keyboard Shorcuts dialog and search for edit marker and assign it to a keyboard shortcut you want to use.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]