FORUMS: list search recent posts

Modifying proxies?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Dean
Modifying proxies?
on Jul 8, 2019 at 1:39:56 pm

Good morning - I think I made a stupid mistake, so this is probably a stupid question. Usually when I create proxies for my UHD footage I do it within Premiere, after importing all the media. It takes a couple of days to do this (about 4 TB of media). This time I thought I'd do it ahead of time, in Media Encoder, and attach the proxies once the footage was imported (so I could be working on another project). I brought the footage into ME and found the Cineform 1280x720 preset that I use inside of Premiere. It took all weekend, non-stop, but it seemed to work. The stupid mistake was not checking the details of the ME preset (thinking it was the same one as in Premiere), and I discovered this morning, when the proxy would not attach, that it did not encode the audio. There are no audio tracks on the QT proxies. So the stupid question is whether there is any arcane way to ADD the full-rez clips' audio to the hundreds of silent proxies it took so long to create, or am I stuck with having to start all over again, probably using the within-Premiere method I've always used?
Meekly yours,
David

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Modifying proxies?
on Jul 8, 2019 at 4:07:39 pm

No.

Return to posts index

David Dean
Re: Modifying proxies?
on Jul 8, 2019 at 4:11:40 pm

Figured. Thanks.