FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I do a black and white clip with colored eyes?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene Rocha
How do I do a black and white clip with colored eyes?
on Jul 3, 2019 at 8:20:06 pm

Hi all!

This is my first time posting here and I'm having trouble with a music video I'm doing.

I have a clip of the music artists face while he's singing. He wants it to be black and white with his eyes still colored (he has blue eyes). So I threw a B&W lut on it and then masked the eye under the opacity section. I tracked the mask as he is moving a little bit throughout that part. I got it going with 1 eye. Looks great. But when I try to add a second mask for the other eye, it gets all crazy. I have looked at different resources to figure it out, but can't find anything. Can anyone help me with this?

Eugene

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: How do I do a black and white clip with colored eyes?
on Jul 4, 2019 at 2:05:40 am

If I were you, I would simply do each eye separately, output each, and combine them on the timeline using a soft edge.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy forum.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: How do I do a black and white clip with colored eyes?
on Jul 4, 2019 at 7:36:33 am

My trick is to use a chroma key, key the shot to itself. Then stack a de-saturate filter (LUT is a bit overkill) on the top image (order is important, key has to be applied before de-saturate.)

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]