FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio de-sync issues

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Rupp
Audio de-sync issues
on Jun 21, 2019 at 5:33:30 am

Hi there,

I've been using premiere for a few years now and I've frequently ran into this problem. When adding footage into the timeline (of significant length) I notice that by the end of the recording the video and audio become miraculously out of sync with each other despite not altering it in any way. I have not yet found a solution to the problem, though I suspect its something wrong with my settings as this issue always occurs and isn't random.

The only solution I found has been to continuously cut and realign the audio to match the footage. any help would be appreciated.

Keep in mind when I play the original video files back through media player the audio remains synced correctly. ive attached my sequence settings (in case that's useful.)

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Audio de-sync issues
on Jun 21, 2019 at 12:29:13 pm
Last Edited By John Pale on Jun 21, 2019 at 12:29:54 pm

What footage are you using that is 60fps and uses 44.1 kHz audio? Both are unusual.

Return to posts index

George Rupp
on Jun 21, 2019 at 12:54:24 pm

Sorry I uploaded the wrong screenshot, this is the correct version:

it was iPhone footage. These settings are the settings premiere automatically pics.

Return to posts index

George Rupp
on Jun 21, 2019 at 12:57:47 pm

sorry again, THIS is the correct screenshot.

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
on Jun 21, 2019 at 1:46:07 pm

If you shot with the iPhone-included camera, that's the issue. It records variable frame rate. No edit app really likes it.

One immediate solution to fix your current issue: download Handbrake (https://handbrake.fr/) and convert the footage to a constand frame rate MP4 file. Then it will behave in your edit timeline.

For the future: look in the app store for a camera app that records constant frame rate, and it will not bite you again.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Jun 21, 2019 at 2:23:02 pm

So that's your sequence settings, what is your original media? File container, codec, frame rate? And what hardware did it come from. If phone, then Jon has your answer.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]