FORUMS: list search recent posts

Footage managing

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Rubasch
Footage managing
on Jun 6, 2019 at 10:40:24 pm

Hi all; We shot on a Canon 5D Mark IV and a C300 Mark II at one location over three days but we shot for two different clients. The footage is all mixed together on seven 5D cards and four C300 cards. I can break it all into sequences by day and time of day (we shot time of day timecode on both cameras) but other than doubling the media after sorting and exporting using Project Manager, effectively doubling my 600 Gigs of footage, any other thoughts on breaking it down?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Footage managing
on Jun 6, 2019 at 11:21:12 pm

Rip those files out of the camera card folders (they are useless). Then organize the clips at the Finder level into appropriate folders. Do this before importing them into Premiere.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Jun 7, 2019 at 1:08:09 pm

Thanks Oliver;

Problem is they are not in any particular order on the cards....might a broll shot for client A and then an interview for client B and back to broll. So finder level would be tricky.

I planned to bring them into premier and create sequences of Broll and interviews for each client and then media manage those sequences into new folders and back that up. Any better way than Premier?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jun 7, 2019 at 1:53:28 pm

[Rich Rubasch] "I planned to bring them into premier and create sequences of Broll and interviews for each client and then media manage those sequences into new folders and back that up. Any better way than Premier?"

Sounds like that may be the best way to approach it. You can use the copy/move Project Manager option if you want to move the whole file without transcoding. However, using Project Manager does still mean you end up duplicating media, at least temporarily.

Another approach could be to use an asset manager like Kyno to better review your files and pick selects, if you wanted to do this at the Finder level before starting the edit.

Or simply leave it all clumped together. Work in separate Premiere Pro projects by client. Then then the edits are done, media manage the final sequences accordingly.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Jun 7, 2019 at 3:14:36 pm

I would skip project manager altogether since it's so slow and unreliable. Once you have all of the media organized in premiere I'd select your media stringouts for each project and create two new projects which only contain their respective media.

Then in each of the new projects, I'd transcode all of the media to dedicated folders per project. If you shot in H264 format you'd want to transcode all of that media anyway.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tmprods
tallmanproductions.net

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 7, 2019 at 5:10:58 pm

You might want to open Adobe Prelude and see if there is anything it can do that appeals to you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]