FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nesting problem, sequence goes BLACK

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Sällström
Nesting problem, sequence goes BLACK
on Jun 5, 2019 at 8:39:45 am

Hi guys,

Let me give you an introduction of my problem.

At my work I export a lot of clips in different formats and with different CTAs and logos.
To save time I've come up with a workflow where I nest all the logos in one sequence and all the CTA texts in another one, and it works great except for one scenario, when I want to export a clean file.

The problem: If I have a nest in a sequence, but all the layers in the nest are disable/not visible, the 'root' sequence goes black.

How do I solve this? Why is the nest not 'see through' as a comp is in After effects?

If you want a more detailed explanation of my workflow and/or problem, just ask and you shall have it.

All the best,
Robin

Return to posts index

James Barry
Re: Nesting problem, sequence goes BLACK
on Jun 5, 2019 at 4:40:08 pm

Your workflow sounds a bit wonky, but if the issue is that you cannot see an AE clip (dynamically linked) you could, for final export, right-click "RENDER AND REPLACE" the AE linked clip. Flatten it. But I wasn't really clear on what sort of workflow and nesting you're doing.

If your'e just exporting video clips with baked in logos/bugs and CTA/End Card, why don't you just create those templates in After Effects and export them as Lossless with Alpha so they're plug-and-play with any clip you put them over? If the graphics you're tossing on are always the same placement, timing, etc, you don't need for them to live as live editable AE dynamic links. And in the end you will also speed up your render times so that premiere doesn't need to render all your AE links as it's goes through your sequence.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]