FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subtitles - Adobe Premier - Tiff

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Hill
Subtitles - Adobe Premier - Tiff
on Jun 4, 2019 at 9:57:53 pm

Hi all. I've been looking online to try and find an answer to this issue but I can't find one, it might not exist but I wanted to ask in case anyone knows a possible solution.

- I have a project that is feature length - 90 minutes.
- A third party vendor created two closed caption files in scc format, one English closed captions, one Spanish.
- I originally had the film edited in FCP Pro 7 - I had minor lower thirds corrections to make and credit roll corrections.
- Originally I had burned in subtitles in English format and Spanish format. The film is 70% in English and about 30 % in Spanish. I used the burn in subtitles for film festivals and early screenings.
- I've exported the film from FCP Pro 7 as uncompressed .mov with no burn in subtitles, imported to Adobe Premier Pro, and added the scc files as closed captions. All has worked well thus far.

-- The issue I am having is that I want to add subtitle files for English and Spanish subtitles, not burned in, as a sidecar file so I can upload the film to youtube and Amazon. However, the files that the subtitle company created for Spanish and English subtitles were formatted to use in BluRay Process in Encore. Not needing to do blu ray anymore I now have the English and Spanish files. Each subtitle is a tiff and each Spanish and English has the txt file that would link the time code to the tiff graphics in Encore or other Bluray software.

-- My questions is - Is there a way to covert these Tiff files and txt script to import them into premier pro as subtitles without have to place each individual tiff and be able to connect with the txt script so they are placed in the right TC In and Out spots?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]