FORUMS: list search recent posts

How is metadata burned into clip and which programs can search it?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Berrios
How is metadata burned into clip and which programs can search it?
on Jun 4, 2019 at 4:06:43 pm

Hi All!

I have a question that is two-fold: (1) How does Premiere add XMP metadata to clips? In other words, is this data that can be read by non-CC programs? And (2) Is there a program, open-source or otherwise, that can search through hundreds of video clips and output Marker information, comments, TC, etc. to an Excel spreadsheet?

The only solution that I know of is a list of Markers by Clip in Premiere. I can also view all markers from all clips within my sequence, but I can't export all markers at this time. Neither option is ideal, and I don't even want to go into Premiere to execute these functions.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Many thanks,
Mike

Return to posts index

Charles Ferran
Re: How is metadata burned into clip and which programs can search it?
on Jul 2, 2019 at 2:59:25 pm

Surprised no one has replied, found this looking for another answer to metadata on clips. It's been my experience that markers are written to the clips themselves because when we trade project files around the office and are working off of master copies of clips they don't retain that metadata.

You can export your markers by going to File > Export > Markers

you can export a .csv .txt or a .html of all of them and they'll come out as a list. Should get you closer to where you're looking to be. Sorry this is four weeks late!

Charles Ferran
http://www.charlesferran.com

"Far better is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with the poor spirits who neither enjoy much, nor suffer much because they live in a gray twilight that knows no victory or defeat."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]