FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing (some) audio after export

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
João Pedro Oliveira
Missing (some) audio after export
on Jun 3, 2019 at 1:57:35 am

Hello, guys,

I've been searching for a solution for my problem for the past 3 hours.
The thing is, I created a sequence with 3 audio tracks: the track 1 is a song, and the other two are just some duplicated voice-over.
When I export the .MP4 file with the standard AAC audio of Premiere Export, only the song is playing in every other source I put the video (Vimeo, Instagram, other machines I tried, Google Drive). You can hear the song in absolutely all of these plataforms, but the voice won't come together.

Plot twist: on my PC, the one I did the export, the voice-over plays nicely EVEN on Instagram, but hear me and hear me well: only on my PC this happens. Every other person who watched - be that on a smartphone or a PC - couldn't hear the voice-over. I've never seen anything like that. When I put some random audio, it exports both the song and the voice-over.
I tried pratically everything: conversion to another WAV, to MP3, to Dolby Digital. I even copied the files from my recorder again, but the audio file plays nicely in every way.

Other than that, I cleaned the cache both inside and out of Premiere, I run some of those integrity check software on the file in comparison to another ones that plays ok and nothing was wrong.

I'm using Premiere Pro CC15.
Source videos are from my Sony A6500 and the audio came from an external recorder in WAV format, 24 bit, 48000 Hz.

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Missing (some) audio after export
on Jun 3, 2019 at 10:10:47 am

Hmm. What are your render settings?

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Jun 3, 2019 at 3:57:42 pm

Do you have your audio on 2 tracks in premiere (ie is it what you'll probably call stereo?)
My guess is that the VO is out of phase and its being mono'd on output phase cancelling the vo and removing it from the mix.
Try removing 1 side of the vo pair (say right leg from the premiere timeline, ) then panning the left centre in the audio mixer
AND increase the left channel of vo by +3db which will put your level back when it was, then try re exporting.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

João Pedro Oliveira
on Jun 4, 2019 at 2:26:08 pm

Hello, Peter!

Thank you for the answer! But I'm so sorry to inform you that I couldn't quite understand what I have to do.
How can I mess with the VO (video output, right?) phase?
Another thing I couldn't grasp was the left centre in the audio or the right leg from the Premiere Timeline. I'm sorry to let you know that!

Could you explain me again?

Return to posts index

João Pedro Oliveira
on Jun 4, 2019 at 2:21:06 pm

Hey, friend!
First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to help me.

So, my prefered render settings are always H264 in order to have a friendly .MP4 video output.
I tried the Vimeo preset, I tried some Quicktime presets also, and even some lighter Android Phone and Tablet presets.
All of those options to no avail. The hardest thing for me is, in my computer I ALWAYS hear all the tracks on the exported file, so I have to export the damn thing and pass it on to a phone or upload to some place so I can finally discover if the problem is gone.

Plot twist: I raised the volume as high as I could, and now I hear some voice-over mumbling along with the song.
You know when you have some pixelated video output or when you do a lot of noise reduction and you get that robotic sound? That's what's happening with my audio when exported.

I'm very worried because I'm starting to fear that there's something wrong with the file.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Jun 5, 2019 at 12:39:15 pm

Hi again.
VO stands for Voice over not video output. This issue hasnt anything to do with video .

I think that its possible that the Voice over on your Premiere timeline may be out of phase, and therefore any playback of an outputted file WHEN PLAYED IN MONO may miss the voice over from the mix.

So my suggestion was to ensure that any VO (voice over) on your premiere timeline is only 1 side of the vo file. This means it will only come out of 1 speaker. Then this track needs to be panned to the centre to output it through both speakers, and increase its volume by +3 db to make up for the panning (fade law). The VOICE OVER can no longer be out of phase as you only have only 1 leg of it on the timeline.

Hope that makes more sense.
Let me know
Peter

Return to posts index

João Pedro Oliveira
on Jun 12, 2019 at 5:58:05 pm

Hey Peter, I have no way to thank you enough, my friend.

Phase correlation was my problem exactly. The tracks with this problem were indeed being left out of the mix. Well, it is quite strange that, after 8 years shooting weddings with wired audio, I only ended up with some phase problems just now. I mean, I handle all of my audios with several recorders (both Tascam and Zoom) and a multitude of digital audio-mixers available at the wedding and only after 200 of them I get this problem, hehehe!

I corrected it through Audition CC17, which offers a very simple and straight forward tool called phase analysis.
On this tool, you see the graphic and it shows exactly what the phase problem is (inverse, balance, and a third one I forgot about right now).

This forum is amazing and let's keep on helping each other, guys!
See you soon.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Jun 13, 2019 at 10:24:35 am

Hi
pleased I could help.
Your explanation of your problem made it seem pretty obvious what was causing your issue, but I admit that understanding phase etc is very much a sound engineers area.
Peter

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jun 13, 2019 at 6:21:29 pm

I can provide a very easy fix for this - use the FILL LEFT or FILL RIGHT audio effect on the problem audio clips. This will copy one channel over to the other, replacing the "bad side" of the stereo clip that was out of phase and cancelling the other channel. Works a charm!

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]