FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcriptive plugin bug - crashing Premiere CC 2019 when switching between sequences

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Taylor Umbrell
Transcriptive plugin bug - crashing Premiere CC 2019 when switching between sequences
on May 31, 2019 at 8:07:39 pm

Hello,

I'm experiencing an issue with Digital Anarchy's Transcriptive plugin in Adobe Premiere CC 2019. version 13.1.2. and wanted to see if anyone else has had similar problems.

The overview - I've successfully imported and synced all of our transcripts using the plugin. However when we start moving between sequences, the transcriptive loading window gets hung up and premiere freezes. Force quit does not shut the program down and we are forced to do a cold restart on the system. I've found a temporary solution where if you lock the transcriptive window or close out of it, and switch between sequences/unlock or re-open, it doesn't freeze. Our editor does not want to have to do this every time we need to switch to a different sequence however.

I have found an article (https://tinyurl.com/y3ew3pyr) talking about a bug with the plugin for Adobe Premiere 2019 but after speaking with Digital Anarchy's Tech Support, they do not think it's related. They have also told me this bug has been patched in the version of Transcriptive that we have.

System specs:

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.3
Premiere 2019 CC: 13.1.2
Transcriptive: 1.5.2
iMac Pro (Baseline, brand new) and iMac (late 2015)

Just to note - we are experiencing the same issue on both systems.

Here is the info regarding setup and workflow of our project:

The project is mostly single camera string outs of about 60 active sequences ranging anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours per sequence. Transcripts are synced to about 30 of these sequences at the moment.

The media is mostly coming from an Alexa classic shooting at 4k 3840x2160, prores 4444, 23.97. We've transcoded the raw footage to Apple prores 422 proxies that match resolution and frame rate (what we're working with in the project).

The transcript syncing workflow has been: open desired sequence to sync to --> in transcriptive window I select import --> plain txt. (the file is a standard plain .txt export out of word) --> Select "detect" for all available settings --> once imported I click transcribe --> align (using the speechmatics speech to text recognition software). This seems to work once the alignment is complete. I can successfully play the sequence and jump around on the transcript to different parts of the sequence. I'm not experiencing any issues after going past the 1 hour mark either which is what tech support said would happen if the memory leak bug was the issue at hand. It's not until we start switching to other sequences where the freeze happens.

Other factors that I've taken into consideration:

1. Operating system/Program version? I may try and install premiere 2018 CC to see if that fixes the issue.

2. The length of the sequences/associated with the memory leak bug? Tech support does not think this is the issue.

3. New bug?

Has anyone else experienced this issue and have you found any solutions or work arounds?

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]