FORUMS: list search recent posts

capture miniDV problems Premiere (new & old)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dougherty
capture miniDV problems Premiere (new & old)
on May 28, 2019 at 10:40:17 pm

I’m trying to capture aka ingest some mini DV tapes shot on a VX1000. On another system I was able to capture DV using a recent Mac and Premiere. Yet when I use my 2018 MacBook Pro with a FireWire to thunderbolt adapter, (Premiere 2018 12.1.2 & High Sierra) the capture of aborts after a few frames and prompts me to save the tiny clip.

As a Plan B I try to use Premier 2014 on an older MacBook with a FireWire port, the capture processes mood but the short test clip is completely out of sync.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Paul

Return to posts index

Roger Averdahl
Re: capture miniDV problems Premiere (new & old)
on Jun 1, 2019 at 3:18:57 pm

If you have access to a Windows computer, use ScenalyzerLive to capture instead of Premiere Pro. ScenalyzerLive can be downloaded for free these days and has been superiour to Premiere Pro´s capture module since forever.

http://www.scenalyzer.com

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Jun 3, 2019 at 7:01:45 pm

Is this with a FW400 4 pin? Does it seat well? I captured a great deal of miniDV a few years back using an old Macbook and Sony deck. Had a difficult time getting it to stay capturing, similar to what you are having. Ended up, I had an issue that tiny connector not seating well. I gaff taped the cable connector tightly to the deck and was able to capture fine - had to put a little pressure in one direction to get it to work properly. You might want to see if that could be an issue or if there is some other problem. That 4 pin connector was the absolute worst.
TC

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
on Jun 3, 2019 at 7:43:18 pm

Thanks Todd,

It's a 400 to 800 fw connector but I'll keep and eye peeled for looseness

Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]