FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere 13.0 audio dropouts

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Burkart
Premiere 13.0 audio dropouts
on May 28, 2019 at 7:30:29 pm
Last Edited By David Burkart on May 28, 2019 at 9:12:32 pm

I've been editing a feature for 5 months in Premiere 13.0.

For the past 4, have had a solid workflow for kicking out the screener copy. I export Prores 422 via an unnested timeline. I use previews and double check my render bar to make sure it's totally green before sending to adobe media encoder.

Have never had audio dropouts, but the most recent export is experiencing dropouts. A song that is used multiple times is only dropping out the first time it's used (is fine throughout the rest of film)

And a sfx (that is fine in another spot) is also cutting out midway later in the film.

I thought the project might be overloaded, so I deleted 10 cuts to bring the project from 120MB down to 96.9MB. That didn't work, so I...

-Restarted computer
-Emptied media cache
-Converted any mp3 media to wav
-Tried moving the problem clips up a track, taking offline then back online to no avail.
Edits: Also started a fresh timeline and that didn't work.
I was able to get the problem music + sfx kicked out when I set in-out in that 3min sequence, but need the whole movie!

Here are my export presets:

Edit: I'm hesitant to update Premiere because it's bad practice to update large projects midway. So trying to avoid this route, but would be open to it if this is a known 13.0 bug.

Any other troubleshooting ideas?

Return to posts index

Merlin Vandenbossche
Re: Premiere 13.0 audio dropouts
on May 29, 2019 at 7:22:05 am

You can:

- Try to render all audio and audio effects before exporting the timeline
(go to the Sequence dropdown menu and choose 'Render Audio')

- Try to 'Render and Replace' the troublesome clips before exporting
(right-click on the clip and choose 'Render and Replace', this will render an exact trimmed copy of this audio next to the original file on disk, it is trimmed, with all effects baked in and in uncompressed WAV form)
(you can 'Restore unrendered' by right-clicking the rendered clips again, to restore the original link to the source file)

- Try a mixdown of your mix instead: render taudio only to AIFF or WAV and place this as a sole stereo mix under your videotrack. (this solution is the least favourable one as it is just a workaround for a project in progress)

Best of luck!

Return to posts index

Merlin Vandenbossche
on May 29, 2019 at 7:24:32 am

I just saw you were exporting a multichannel mix: is your timeline just stereo then? Try copying the whole timeline in a multichannel (8-channels) sequence instead. If multichannel: are all tracks properly routed in your track mixer (sending the whole mix to 1-2? maybe some channels are sent elsewhere?)

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on May 31, 2019 at 3:01:53 pm

Not related to the audio but dont use odd numbers for the resolution.
Use numbers that are dividable by 4.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]