FORUMS: list search recent posts

cover up obsolete color logo on BW footage

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Nibor
cover up obsolete color logo on BW footage
on May 21, 2019 at 10:08:38 am
Last Edited By Marc Nibor on May 21, 2019 at 1:45:30 pm

Does anyone know how the blur/cover up in the top left corner in this footage has been made?
EDIT: I just noticed that CreativeCow displays the video IN the post (I thought there just would be a link) - unfortunately the embedding forces some player overlays which makes it a bit hard to see the effect I am referring to. ~ 2.57 Min. it is quite visible. But you need to make sure not to hover the mouse over the video... otherwise the Youtube title overlay does not go away and keeps obscuring the area.

It seems like there has been drawn a mask and pixels are stretched from the border to fill the inside.

Is there a way to do this directly in premiere? I am sure I have seen this before. But it might have been in AE.

I tried other solutions like a simple blur or Mosaic... but the results were ugly since the colors of the logo were just smushed all over the place and it looked like an ugly color blob on the BW footage.

Just in case this might come up... there's no need to start a copyright discussion. Everything is fine in this department. It all belongs to the client. They just want to remove their OLD logo.

Return to posts index

Marc Nibor
Re: cover up obsolete color logo on BW footage
on May 22, 2019 at 5:20:34 pm

I found the solution.
It was done with the Re:vison >Re:fill Plugin.

If anyone knows about a native solution, please let us know. Thanks

Return to posts index

John Heiser
Re: cover up obsolete color logo on BW footage
on May 22, 2019 at 9:34:01 pm

I wonder if Content Aware Fill in After Effects would do the trick.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas - Birmingham, AL

iMac Retina 5k, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz i7, 32GB RAM, Radeon Pro 580 8GB
G-Speed Studio TB-2 12TB RAID-5

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]