FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export non CMX EDL?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Sternkopf
Export non CMX EDL?
on May 13, 2019 at 5:50:53 pm

Does anyone know if there is a way to export an non CMX EDL out of Premiere Pro CC, or if there is a way to get more that 4 tracks at a time from a CMX EDL?

Thanks;
Brian

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Export non CMX EDL?
on May 13, 2019 at 6:04:38 pm

EDLs are VERY VERY VERY VERY old things. I mean, OLD old. Designed for linear tape bays, and 4 channels of audio ws the max for those. Did I mention OLD? AAF and XML are the newer options that offer many more tracks of audio. ANy reason you are using an EDL instead of those?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Brian Sternkopf
on May 13, 2019 at 6:10:40 pm

Thanks for your response-
I need to make a cue sheet for all sound I used from Source Audio music library and they can search there database for me if I can upload the track info in a file format. It doesn't need to be an edl, but I'm not sure what else Premire exports that would have just audio track info to upload to Source Audio.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 13, 2019 at 7:24:26 pm

OK, well...you can make sure your music is on only four tracks when you make the EDL. I make a practice of limiting my music to 2 tracks...THREE at most.

BUT...if you need a MUSIC CUE sheet... I have a better solution.

Export an XML, and get this INCREDIBLY AMAZING app that will bring in ALL your video, ALL your audio, and make a report of clips used, clip names, their in and out points, sequence in and out points, a list of text, audio cues. You can limit what audio tracks to select so you can make a separate music cue sheet

SEQUENCE CLIP REPORTER
http://intelligentassistance.com/sequence-clip-reporter-cc.html

I swear by this thing.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Brian Sternkopf
on May 13, 2019 at 8:30:44 pm

Thanks- I'll look into it.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on May 14, 2019 at 12:16:42 pm

Looks like Source Audio offers an Adobe Panel you can install to create cue sheets for you from within Premiere.

https://www.sourceaudio.com/adobe-panel/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]