FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere -Davinci roundtrip problem

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maciej Chmielewski
Premiere -Davinci roundtrip problem
on May 12, 2019 at 8:39:58 pm

Hi
I've got some weird things going on while round tripping from PP to Resolve and back. XML from PP, graded in Davinci, exported xml. So far so good. I opened Premiere on my Mac and imported xml, everything is fine. The problem occurs when the client import the same xml on his PP (Windows). Suddenly some clips have blue lines. He reported that the blue lines covers regions of the clips that weren't part of the lock picture. Any idea?

All the media were recorded 1080p 50fps, timeline in PP was correct and Resolve settings also covering source footage.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Premiere -Davinci roundtrip problem
on May 12, 2019 at 9:54:04 pm

Do you mean that he sees tiny diagonal lines on the ends of clips in his timeline? If so, this indicates that there is less actual media to that clip than the length of that clip in the timeline. This would imply that his timeline doesn't match yours. The question is why does he see these at all if they aren't part of the locked cut. I presume you only rendered the clip lengths in the sequence. Did you add handles to the clips in the delivery dialogue? Has he tried to trim the clip longer or add transitions that go past the length of the clip?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Maciej Chmielewski
on May 12, 2019 at 10:12:59 pm

Thanks for response Oliver. The timelines match perfectly. I did render the clips lengths with tiny handles (4 frames). Only several clips on his timeline have this “danger lines” and it seems to random to me to have anything to do with handles. He didn’t trimmed the clips nor add any transitions. Of course he trimmed the problematic clips to lose the diagonal lines and then it all matched perfectly. But still we don’t know what actually cause the problem.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on May 13, 2019 at 2:31:11 am

[Maciej Chmielewski] "Of course he trimmed the problematic clips to lose the diagonal lines and then it all matched perfectly."

So this sounds like the clip length was somehow extended past its original length on the import back into Premiere. Odd.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]