FORUMS: list search recent posts

No full screen playback on third monitor suddenly

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
keith roberts
No full screen playback on third monitor suddenly
on May 11, 2019 at 2:32:09 am

I can't get video to playback on my third monitor anymore. This always worked in the past. I upgraded Premiere to 13.1.2 recently, but it was working for a bit on the new version. It didn't work the other day, but after closing and reopening PP, it was fine. Today nothing. Is this a known issue with the latest version? I'm running a MacBook Pro (2018) on High Sierra to two dell monitors (one from the display port from a CalDigit hub and the other via HDMI from a Thunderbolt 3 adapter.)

Any help is appreciated.

Keith

MacBook Pro (2018)
High Sierra

Return to posts index

Merlin Vandenbossche
Re: No full screen playback on third monitor suddenly
on May 11, 2019 at 7:25:54 pm

Maybe try resetting preferences and plugins? I always do that after any update. Since the Transmit Playback is a preference, it might help.

You can reset prefs by holding down ALT+ CMD + SHIFT when opening Premiere. Remember to go through your settings again, since they obviously will be reset.

Return to posts index

Graham Withers
on May 13, 2019 at 3:22:14 pm

I've been dealing with this since getting a new MBP with a the Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB graphics card and the latest Premiere 13.1.2 update.

I've found nothing all that helpful TBH - in the video playback preferences, unless you get your 3rd monitor/Fullscreen playback listed as "monitor 3", I can't seem to fix the issue. For me, that involves unplugging/plugging-in that 3rd monitor in with Premiere running in order to get it to pop as "Monitor 3."

I'm running at 2018 MBP, with a 2K Monitor by displayport 1.2 through a Caldigit T3 and a 3rd 1080P monitor via HDMI/Apple T3 to HDMI adapter.

I've downgraded to an earlier versions of Premiere 13 in order to make the playback more predictable.

Lemme know if you have any luck.

Return to posts index

keith roberts
on May 14, 2019 at 11:45:24 pm

Thanks for the responses, guys. It's weird, as of this morning, it's been working just fine, so I'm not going to mess with it.

Merlin, thanks for the info. I will try that if it stops working again.

Graham, even when it wasn't working, monitor 3 was always checked. If I checked monitor 2, then went back into preferences, it switched back to monitor 3. But still no output. Weird.

Well, if all else fails, I do have a T-Tap on my other system that I can steal temporarily. But I use the third monitor on this system as a computer monitor for other applications, which is why I'm trying to get this setup to work.

Thanks again for the responses.
Keith

MacBook Pro (2018)
High Sierra

Return to posts index

Graham Withers
on May 15, 2019 at 12:30:51 am

Good luck with it Keith - my downgrade to v13.0.3 and unplugging it/ plugging it in has worked consistently when the program doesn't boot up with the third monitor showing fullscreen playback - I'll report back here with future improvements if you do!

Return to posts index

keith roberts
on May 15, 2019 at 12:33:47 am

Sounds good, Graham!

MacBook Pro (2018)
High Sierra

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]