FORUMS: list search recent posts

Demystifying video export ..?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Miraie
Demystifying video export ..?
on May 5, 2019 at 9:53:59 am

Can anybody tell me why this Youtube upload looks/plays so crummy, and what's the best way to fix this problem.. thanks!!

-The video is 60fps, but looks more like 30fps on Youtube

-The audio on the Youtube upload is late by ~5 frames

-I am using CC 2017, the exported video looks/plays fine in VLC, and I've tried a number of different export settings with the same crummy results on Youtube..

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Demystifying video export ..?
on May 5, 2019 at 12:13:17 pm

When it comes to YouTube, you can do what you wanna do - but YouTube is gonna do what it is gonna do.

Your videos are being encoded again by YouTube when you upload. Best bet is to use a YouTube preset closest to what you want, or you may have to consider paid subs on Vimeo or elsewhere.

YouTube does have its limitations.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on May 7, 2019 at 5:27:23 pm

But how did you encode, what did you upload to them to begin with? Please share screen shot of Export Settings used (which will also show us the Source settings as well).

Everything is a factor

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Dan Miraie
on May 7, 2019 at 6:01:11 pm

What I've gathered is that Youtube, unfortunately for myself in this scenario, simply sucks at displaying stuff like colorful confetti.. Switching from 60fps to 30fps did help things a little.. To answer your question, I originally encoded the video as H.264 with the "Youtube 1080HD" Premiere preset.. thnx!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on May 7, 2019 at 6:23:56 pm

Some users have reported that they will actually encode and upload Apple ProRes, which is a HUGE file of course, but then when YouTube converts it, it comes out better than if it started as a compressed .mp4 file

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]