FORUMS: list search recent posts

Two identical mogrt files in different folder ?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
reko tomo
Two identical mogrt files in different folder ?
on May 4, 2019 at 6:18:08 pm
Last Edited By reko tomo on May 4, 2019 at 6:24:40 pm

Hi all,

I am playing around on my computer's friend which has Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 v12.1.2 running on Windows 7 64 bit.

There I saw there are two same mogrt files in a different folder.
For example:

A. Angled Coming Up Next.mogrt (69 Kb)
C:/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Common/Motion Graphics Templates/Graphic Overlays

B. Angled Coming Up Next.mogrt (69 Kb)
C:/Program Files/Adobe/Premiere Pro 2018/Essential Graphics/Graphic Overlays

My friend wants me to delete all of them, because I'm affraid that I will mess up Premiere installation, I prefer to ask first here :
1. If I delete all of the mogrt files in both directories, can Premiere be opened ?
(my guess is Premiere still can be opened but the EGP is blank, not sure though).

Assuming the answer of question #1 is "Premiere can't be opened", the next question is :
2. how about deleting all the mogrt files in one of that two directories ? will it be OK ?

Assuming the answer of question #2 is "Yes it's OK to delete all the mogrt files in one of the directory", the next question is :
3. which one ? point-A directory or point-B directory ?

Any kind of respond would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advanced.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Two identical mogrt files in different folder ?
on May 4, 2019 at 7:25:23 pm

Rather than deleting, just move them to a folder on your desktop and test Premiere. If Premiere opens and works just fine, then delete the files, if not, just move them back to their original folder.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy forum.

Return to posts index

reko tomo
Re: Two identical mogrt files in different folder ?
on May 5, 2019 at 7:19:00 am

Hi David,

Thank you for your respond.
I follow your instruction, and it turned out Premiere still can be opened without any mogrt file in both directories,
and the Essential Graphics Panel (EGP) within Premiere is blank.

After trying back and forth:
1. it seems at the time Premiere is opened, Premiere reads C:/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Common/Motion Graphics Templates/ folder if there is any mogrt file there. If yes then the mogrts are shown in the EGP.

2. it seems Premiere doesn't read C:/Program Files/Adobe/Premiere Pro 2018/Essential Graphics/ folder, because although I put mogrt file/s in that folder, the mogrts are not showing in the EGP.

My friend told me that he didn't copy the folders and the mogrt files in C:/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Common/Motion Graphics Templates/ folder to
C:/Program Files/Adobe/Premiere Pro 2018/Essential Graphics/ folder. (which caused there are two identical mogrt files in different folder).

I wonder how come the folders and the mogrt files are in C:/Program Files/Adobe/Premiere Pro 2018/Essential Graphics/ folder while there is nobody copy them from the C:/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Common/Motion Graphics Templates/ folder then paste them to the C:/Program Files/Adobe/Premiere Pro 2018/Essential Graphics/ folder.

Thanks once again, David.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]