FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to stabilize a 15 minute clip?!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Coady
Best way to stabilize a 15 minute clip?!
on May 1, 2019 at 3:04:32 pm

Hello! I have a 15 minute clip. I was in the 2nd row of an event, and I filmed 3 people in a discussion sitting in chairs. So there is not a lot of movement, and it is for the most part pointed in the same direction the whole time. I want to eliminate the typical hand held movement you see in handheld footage. I did a quick test using the Warp stabilizer tool. It smoothed out the footage nice, but there was this strange, almost on a boat at sea movement to it, which made me sea sick haha, just kidding, but I would like to eliminate that movement as well.

To shoot this I used the 4k setting on my iPhone Xs Max.
I am using Premiere Pro CC 2015.

Any thoughts? Is Premiere Pro the way to go for this? Or should I use After Effects? HELP! Is Warp Stabilizer the tool I want to use and I just didn't have it setup correctly? I pretty much just used the default settings when I dropped the Warp Stabilizer on my clip.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Best way to stabilize a 15 minute clip?!
on May 2, 2019 at 12:38:39 pm

Is your intent to edit this down, or use some b-roll? Or do you want to keep this one straight rip (harder to watch, In my opinion)?
Stabilization works better on shorter segments, so if you are editing, maybe just stabilize the final product and ignore the shakiness while you edit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]