FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there any way to render audio only in a timeline?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Locke
Is there any way to render audio only in a timeline?
on Apr 30, 2019 at 9:55:22 pm

The audio in my timeline isn't loading until I play it, but the computer can't keep up so it drops out every few seconds during playback, meaning I basically have to play everything twice to hear it properly. I see the "render audio" option but that seems to just put the playhead at the beginning of the timeline and play it at regular speed, defeating the purpose.

Is there any way I can simply render the audio so I can play it back without having to constantly wait for the computer to catch up while editing? Thank you!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Is there any way to render audio only in a timeline?
on May 1, 2019 at 1:53:10 pm

Hi Matt,

This doesn't make sense. Ever notice when you Import new clips into Premiere that at bottom right of screen it says "Conforming..." ? Premiere actually converts all audio to its own format and create temporary audio files and that is what it plays then, not the original.

I'm on this forum and the Adobe forums every day and don't recall anyone ever saying that the audio won't keep up. Video is much tougher to play back and that is the common complaint with 4K and such. There is something wrong in your system.

How full is the system drive? That is where the "Media Cache" files are written by default, unless you have directed them elsewhere in Preferences. Are you using a dedicated hard drive for the video assets or is everything on the system drive? Please let us know more about your hardware - PC or Mac, processor, RAM, storage, etc.

As a temporary work-around, try this - do an EXPORT of the entire timeline as just audio, for instance .wav on the PC (dunno what Mac is using these days). Import that new audio file and drop on new audio track and then MUTE the original audio track. How does this new soundtrack play?

I've done the above before for various workflow reasons, but never because audio would not play. Was just to simplify complex multi-layered audio into a single track.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Matt Locke
on May 1, 2019 at 3:07:36 pm

Yeah I figured I was missing something when I couldn't find a single person on google with the same problem.

I'm on PC. 16gb of ram. All footage and audio is on a single external hard drive. System drive has plenty of space.

I'm thinking now that maybe the footage is what's causing the hiccups and the sound is just dropping out with it.

I forgot to mention in my first message that the waveforms on the audio tracks don't show up until I play that specific section. If I could just solve that problem, I'd be happier.

thanks for your reply

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on May 1, 2019 at 3:16:21 pm

What kind of drive, USB 3.0 connected to USB 3.0 port? USB 2.0 will fall on its face with HD footage.

What type of footage, format and codec?

Yeah, there is something off if you don't have a waveform in timeline all of the time.

Which Premiere version?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on May 1, 2019 at 3:19:30 pm

Open a NEW PROJECT.

Import clips.

Make sure to let Conforming FINISH completely before attempting to play timeline at all (seen at lower right of screen).

Results?

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

greg janza
on May 1, 2019 at 10:42:06 pm

There is one aspect of audio playback that can have problems and that's if you have a number of track level plugins added to your tracks.

We use Izotope audio plugins and when multiple effects are added to the track mixer there can be playback issues due to the computer attempting to process each track on the fly. Sometimes it's a matter of stuttered playback. The fix is to fully render the timeline which takes some of the CPU load off.

tallmanproductions.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]