FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issues with aspect ratio with new update

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucas Franchi
Issues with aspect ratio with new update
on Apr 25, 2019 at 1:08:49 am

So I recently returned to an old project after about a month. It said the file needed to be updated to the most recent version of Premiere, so I let that rock. Now the project is mainly comprised of clips taken from a single source file, but the issue stems from this. That source file for some reason has been changed to a 4:3 ratio, and subsequently the hundreds of clips I pulled from it are now also in that ratio in my timeline. All other files, graphics, etc, in my timeline are still in the proper 16:9 ratio. I double checked, and the source file on my harddrive is totally unaltered in any way, it's only being displayed as 4:3 in my bin and timeline. Anyone know a way to fix this? The only solution I can think of is to delete the original source file from my library and re-add it, but this will also delete the hundreds of clips in my timeline from it, undoing weeks of work.

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Issues with aspect ratio with new update
on Apr 25, 2019 at 10:58:32 am

What version was the project originally made/saved in? What version did the app indicate you needed when you went back to it? What was the exact message you received? Something is missing here.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Lucas Franchi
Re: Issues with aspect ratio with new update
on Apr 26, 2019 at 4:42:12 am

I went from 13.0 to 13.1. The message I received was ""This project was saved from a previous version of Adobe Premiere Pro and must be converted."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]