FORUMS: list search recent posts

beginner needs digging out of a hole....

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John constable
beginner needs digging out of a hole....
on Apr 20, 2019 at 4:45:53 pm

OK - cards on table. Just started using premiere pro and I made a basic error and not sure how to get out of it.

I've just spent a lot of time editing a variety of clips in a project and putting transitions and so on. The last clip I imported is higher res than the others and widescreen. I want the final piece to match that format but I now realise I can't do that in retrospect.

Is there any way to salvage what I've done instead of redoing everything from scratch in a new project?

I tried starting a new project and imported the hires clip onto my timeline to set the format. Then I tried importing the previous project but when i drag that to the timeline it's one continuous consolidated clip instead of a load of individual clips with transitions. That means I can't change any of my edits but also that the clip formats can't be changed. Is there a way to import all the transitions and individual clips?

Help!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: beginner needs digging out of a hole....
on Apr 22, 2019 at 6:50:38 am

I think you can nest the existing timeline (excluding the last shot), create a new timeline in the same project at the correct resolution, bring the nested comp into it and enlarge it.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Apr 22, 2019 at 2:04:24 pm

All the way on the left of the timeline there is an icon insert or overwrite sequence as nest or individual clips

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Apr 22, 2019 at 4:08:09 pm

What I've done in the past is to create the New Sequence with desired settings, then go back to original timeline and do SELECT ALL and COPY to get all contents, then jump back to new timeline and PASTE. Never mess with Nesting business, maybe I should learn more about that.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

John constable
on Apr 22, 2019 at 4:41:18 pm

Fantastic! I tried cutting and pasting but nothing ever happened. This button is the bees knees! And you can choose which tracks too. Fab.

Whats really weird is that hours of googling turned up nothing.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Apr 22, 2019 at 6:44:17 pm

Why do you want it to match that higher res file? What is the final destination of your final product? What is your sequence setting? And what is the higher res file size?
I regularly shoot UHD, but edit HD. I edit for broadcast, not to match my largest image size.
Know what I mean?
TC

Return to posts index

John constable
on Apr 22, 2019 at 9:44:01 pm

In this case its the highest res of the clips I'm using and its 16x9 whereas the others are 4x3. I'd rather end up with 16x9 at the highest resolution i have rather than dumb it down to the lower res 4x3 and lose the sides of my widescreen material or shrink it and put blanking top and bottom.

I just retired as a DOP in broadcast TV so I do understand the concept. We often shoot at a higher level than the final version requires because it allows some flexibility in post. An exception would be not to spend more on shooting than necessary if it wasn't going to be used.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]