FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flashing Tracks In Timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tristan Finn
Flashing Tracks In Timeline
on Apr 17, 2019 at 1:30:22 am

Hey CC,

So at my office when we get a large project such as a film or TV show that sends dailies instead of rough cuts of the film or show the premiere project can obviously get quite large as there are so many files.

When a premiere project has a lot of files or if my main project for a film gets big towards the end of the marketing campaign the tracks will begin to start flashing in the time line for all of my sequences.

Video example here: https://imgur.com/a/KmcBHWa

Has anyone experienced this? Is there any solve?

I always try and keep my projects slim but sometimes it isn't a option.

Here is what my rig is:
HP Z420
Windows 10
Intel (r) Xeon (r) E5-1650 v2 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
32GB RAM
64-bit Operating system, X64 based processor
Running Premiere 13.0.2
NVidia Quadro K2000
SSD Boot Drive
Spin Drive for back up data.

Thanks

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Flashing Tracks In Timeline
on Apr 17, 2019 at 4:08:04 am

NVidia Quadro K2000 is a pretty low end card these days.
Might want to think about upgrading that.

Return to posts index

Kevin Anton
on Apr 17, 2019 at 4:08:41 am

I've seen this happen a few times, but usually a quick restart of the application fixes it. I'm guessing it might be a system memory issue, but I don't really know.

Return to posts index

Tristan Finn
on Apr 18, 2019 at 1:47:55 am

So I emailed my contact at Adobe who I do not try and bother too often, and they said this is a known issue with black magic card drivers. The way to get it to stop flashing is to go to >Edit>Preferences>Playback> and uncheck the box called "Enable Mercury Transmit"

This disables the output of the card so my TV in my edit bay doesn't get picture but that is ok for when I'm cutting alone since I don't look at it. Checking the box back on didn't bring the flashes back immediately so that is my work around til this project is over.

The flashing thing tends to really pop up only when having a super large project. Our Assistant Editor's adobe project for this current tv show we are on is 17MB as of today 😱

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]