FORUMS: list search recent posts

Objects have lives of their own. Move position for no reason without key frames.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan B. Peters
Objects have lives of their own. Move position for no reason without key frames.
on Apr 15, 2019 at 7:20:17 pm
Last Edited By Evan B. Peters on Apr 15, 2019 at 7:20:40 pm

Guys,

This is a strange one. I'm not sure what is going on. I'll explain what's happening.
I am creating key frames for objects moving throughout the scene during playback. I am making one object move from left to right across the screen. I set the beginning key frame for the object's position on the X axis then move to the end of the clip and change the position of the X axis only. I never change the Y axis at all. It always stays the same.

When I play the clip, for some reason the object is slowly moving up or down along the Y axis until it finally comes to rest back in the original position. It's almost like something is trying to pull it away and then it snaps back into place. If I go through and set the X and Y axis throughout every frame it will stay put, but if I just set key frames at the beginning and end it wanders.

It's really strange to me. This happens with everything I key frame with the position control under Motion.

Thank you. Please help.

Evan

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Objects have lives of their own. Move position for no reason without key frames.
on Apr 16, 2019 at 6:54:55 pm

Not sure, may be a bezier thing. Try right clicking your keyframes and select linear in the drop down.
Let us know if that takes care of it.
TC

Return to posts index

Evan B. Peters
Re: Objects have lives of their own. Move position for no reason without key frames.
on Apr 17, 2019 at 9:13:57 pm

Todd, you nailed it. Thank you, both, Todd and Kevin for pitching in.

Under Spacial Interpolation of each Position keyframe it was set to Auto Bezier. Wow, no idea about any of that until now. I am going to go look this stuff up (after I watch the video!)

Thanks again, this place is always such a great resource. I appreciate the help.

Evan

Return to posts index

Kevin Anton
on Apr 16, 2019 at 7:53:50 pm

Todd is right, it is almost definitely a "bezier" issue. Here's a great clip that might help:

Return to posts index

Ciro Coleman
on Apr 25, 2019 at 1:46:07 am

Hi Evan,

Although this may not be a 'fix', try turning the Autosave off and not Saving to see if it still 'plays' with your key frames.

I discovered by chance that the Save and Autosave features were changing the key frame values and have just posted a thread to see if anyone has an answer to that. I now have a work around so that before making any Position/Scaling changes I deselect Autosave, then Save my project before applying any motion keyframes and render to final output.

Of course, once rendered, I check the video through and if necessary make any changes without Saving until I'm happy with the final video. On closing Premiere down it's going to ask you to Save the Project, which in my case will change the keyframes.

If I choose not to Save it, it will remain at the last Save before adding the Motion/keyframes. Hopefully, by this stage your project is finished with no further editing but if you need to go back and tweek it then bear in mind that you will have to readjust all the keyframes again. Naturally, this a work around if you're being affected in the same way by the Save and Autosave feature. But this shouldn't be happening!!

Anyway, I hope this helps and makes some sense and perhaps sheds light on your own problem. If not, hopefully someone has a cogent answer?

regards

Ciro

Return to posts index

Evan B. Peters
on Apr 25, 2019 at 8:51:25 pm

Hi Ciro , thank you for your response!

Todd and Kevin nailed it with the bezier feature explanation. Check it out, it might be a help for you too. Your method sounds intense!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]