FORUMS: list search recent posts

Raw Video Footage Transfers

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Teresa Brown
Raw Video Footage Transfers
on Apr 15, 2019 at 2:36:33 pm

For massive raw video footage files, is everyone still transferring footage by hard drive? I've had a reprieve from video editing and wonder if that has changed. I do not have access to T1 internet.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Raw Video Footage Transfers
on Apr 15, 2019 at 3:33:33 pm

[Teresa Brown] "is everyone still transferring footage by hard drive?"

I think the question should be, who is NOT transferring to hard drives? ☺ What else were you considering? Cloud?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 15, 2019 at 5:14:12 pm

Yeah...for massive files, hard drives are still the go-to way to go. As Oliver said, who ISN'T doing this? If you don't have access to high speed internet, then huge files via web servers seems like a non-starter. It'll take you longer to get the footage that way than if a drive was shipped to you.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Apr 15, 2019 at 5:18:12 pm

[Shane Ross] "It'll take you longer to get the footage that way than if a drive was shipped to you."

Not to mention that in some cases, fast transfers of large files result in significant data charges depending on the service that you use. You are going to have to copy the camera cards to hard drives anyway. So making two copies is trivial and FedEx (or a similar overnight service) gets it there overnight within the country.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

John Heiser
on Apr 15, 2019 at 8:26:34 pm

It's also worth mentioning that data transfer off the camera cards should be to TWO hard drives (three is even better). Then when FedEx loses your shipment, you still have a copy on your footage. Ship the second copy after the first one arrives safely.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas
Birmingham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]