FORUMS: list search recent posts

Phone app alternative to Adobe Premiere for doing frame by frame cut?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
raju bhai
Phone app alternative to Adobe Premiere for doing frame by frame cut?
on Apr 9, 2019 at 8:34:50 pm

OK, i am trying to edit Samsung galaxy S9+ video with Adobe Premiere Pro 5. Not working very well. All i am trying to do is trim the video. nothing fancy at all. If I could do this with a phone app that would be great. However, i need to be precise with the frames I am cutting. Unable to do that from the phone itself when I have to use my finger to drag select the IN and OUT points. That's the drawback of trying to trim a video from the phone.

Anybody know a way around this? Is there a video editing phone app that allows you to select the IN and OUT points where you can select the exact frame?

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Phone app alternative to Adobe Premiere for doing frame by frame cut?
on Apr 9, 2019 at 10:05:49 pm

get adobe rush. It'll do exactly what you want.

tallmanproductions.net

Return to posts index

raju bhai
on Apr 10, 2019 at 2:53:32 am

Unfortunately,
I downloaded Adobe Premiere Clip to my phone, and it's just like every other video editing phone app i've downloaded and tried in that YOU CAN'T EDIT down to the frame where you wanna cut. You have to press play and then pause at the exact frame/spot you want, which never works, or you have to use your finger to drag to the place you wanna split the video, which again, is not precise.
All i'm looking for is a phone app that allows me to cut/split video at the exact frame i want.

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
on Apr 10, 2019 at 10:52:34 am

If the footage is variable frame rate ( VFR, to compress it more) that is the root issue. you need to convert it to constant frame rate (CBR).

Handbrake is a free app that will convert it.

If the footage is already CBR, PPro should handle it fine, and there is another, unknown, issue.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]