FORUMS: list search recent posts

Would this situation do best in 720p or 1080p sequence?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Knight
Would this situation do best in 720p or 1080p sequence?
on Apr 6, 2019 at 11:49:46 pm
Last Edited By Alan Knight on Apr 6, 2019 at 11:52:21 pm

Hello creative cows! (oh gosh, that sounds awful lol)

Here's the situation...
PROJECT is a background video for a website, and will be a mashup of musical stage performances (video only), and last max 40 seconds before looping.
Footage I have is mainly 1080p 23.97 or 24p, BUT I have some interesting SD clips I'll probably add in using Red Giant "Instant 4K" plugin.
Since the video will be output as 720p to keep file size small (as it is being used as background on website), I was wondering : Should I assemble the montage in a 720p timeline instead of the default 1080p created by Premiere when I drag the first piece of HD footage? Other reason being that there is some SD footage (720x480) and I'm guessing that it would be more degraded if "Instant 4K" was scaling it to 1080p (only to then be exported in 720p - pointless upscaling to this resolution?), as opposed to keeping the workflow at 720p where the upscale isn't as bad, but I'm not an expert so I don't know.

I haven't done a ton of projects in Premiere so hopefully someone here will be able to set me on the right path.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Would this situation do best in 720p or 1080p sequence?
on Apr 7, 2019 at 12:27:37 am

If you are mastering to 720p, yeah, I'd stick to a 720p sequence.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]