FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to upgrade Premiere Pro (13.1), and keep the older version using Adobe Creative Cloud App

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Davis
How to upgrade Premiere Pro (13.1), and keep the older version using Adobe Creative Cloud App
on Apr 6, 2019 at 8:36:10 pm

I see that Adobe is wisely advising Video Editors not to "update and replace" versions of Premiere Pro, but rather install them side buy side, and then insure compatibility with your system and previous projects (leaving unsaid that the real danger isa bad version upgrade that is broken).

Here's the thing. To achieve this you are supposed to select "advanced options" in Adobe Creative Cloud App.
I can't find this for the life of me. I am using Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks!!!

Al Davis
Visual Velocity
Brookline, MA

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: How to upgrade Premiere Pro (13.1), and keep the older version using Adobe Creative Cloud App
on Apr 6, 2019 at 9:59:12 pm

In the Cloud app scroll to Premiere Pro and click on that little arrow beside OPEN.
You should see Manage there.

Return to posts index

Al Davis
Re: How to upgrade Premiere Pro (13.1), and keep the older version using Adobe Creative Cloud App
on Apr 6, 2019 at 10:08:51 pm

Thanks Eric, but this is what I am seeing.

No green arrow?????

Al Davis
Visual Velocity
Brookline, MA

Return to posts index

Al Davis
on Apr 6, 2019 at 10:10:32 pm

Sorry - No Arrow visible.

Al Davis
Visual Velocity
Brookline, MA

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Apr 7, 2019 at 4:58:38 am

The arrow beside Manage gives you nothing?

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Apr 7, 2019 at 7:20:42 am

‘Keep older versions’ when upgrading, only keeps previous full versions eg v12.0.2 kept, not v13.0.2 if installing v13.1.0 IIRC

The only way for 13.0.2 and 13.1.0 to coexist (in macos) is to rename the app (eg add 2019.0.2 to the end)

Not supported & may give you problems, but I’ve been doing this since about cc15 without issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]