FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding an overlay image

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Adams
Adding an overlay image
on Apr 5, 2019 at 4:31:21 pm
Last Edited By Steve Adams on Apr 5, 2019 at 8:45:28 pm

I'm running PP2017. I have an image that I'd like to appear in the upper right corner of a video clip at several places along the timeline. I've added the image to the Project Panel and it's easy enough then to drag the image over and place it on its own track at the time I want it to appear. Then I can select the image and adjust its size to just a thumbnail and adjust its position so that it's in the upper right corner of the video.

Now I want to add the same image five seconds later, where it's exactly the same size and the same position as the first image. I could drag the image over again from the Project Panel and again adjust its size and position, but it seems like I should be able, somehow, to select the first image on its track, and copy and paste it on the same track at the new CTI so I immediately have the smaller image appear in the upper right corner, exactly as the first image appears.

I can copy the first image from its track, but if I do a Ctrl-V to insert it somewhere else on the track, it goes in, first on the video track rather than the image track, and it overlays the video that's already there. I can move the image up to the image track but then there's a big gap in the video track where the image appeared, and where I've wiped out the video that was there.

How can I make a copy of the first image that I shrunk and positioned, and gently place it on the upper image track, without affecting the video track at all?

Ideally there's a way to an item for the Project Panel that consisted of the image with the small size and upper right position that I want. Then I could just drag this item to the image track wherever I wanted it to appear. But I don't know how to create this image for the Project Panel.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]