FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sequence and export settings

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Chaplain
Sequence and export settings
on Apr 4, 2019 at 11:50:51 pm

Hello

I'm just getting started with Premier Pro. I have a bunch of footage, big and small, shot on a range of different cameras, that I want to turn into a good quality short doco (prob 1080p). What are the best sequence and export settings to get the best possible quality video. Any other tips for video quality would be much appreciated!!

Thanks so much

Luke

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Sequence and export settings
on Apr 5, 2019 at 11:06:14 am

Some folks check the "max render quality" box in circumstances where it doesn't help, but only increases render time. If all your footage is the same rez, it doesn't do much.

In your case though, with multiple resolutions, it may help. Your renders will take longer.

Depending on your deliverable codec, if it offers a two-pass mode instead of one-pass, two-pass mode will help. Two-pass renders will increase your render times.

And of course, the higher the bitrate, the more data is kept instead of tossed. Higher bitrate will mean bigger finished files.

Without more info about your original footage resolution, wrapper, and codecs, these are the basics I can suggest.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Sequence and export settings
on Apr 5, 2019 at 3:59:55 pm

Hi Luke,

A general rule of thumb when selecting Sequence Settings for your project is simply this - what footage do you have the most of? That is typically what you might set the sequence to, but not for sure since intended delivery specs will also play a part. If you can let us know what the bulk of the footage is, like 1080i, or 1080p60 or whatever, and also how/where you intend to deliver, that makes a difference - YouTube, Blu-ray disc, what? Many factors at play to make the optimum decision.

Thanks

Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]