FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere 2019 with Airpods

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ernest Rosado
Premiere 2019 with Airpods
on Apr 2, 2019 at 12:46:20 pm

Hi all, I'm migrating to Premiere from Vegas so I apologize if this is a basic question.

In Vegas, under the audio preferences, you can tell it to use a specific sound card, or to just use the default Windows audio device. The "default device" option is helpful when the audio device changes, like when I switch between sound cards, or (the biggest reason I'm posting this question) when I connect my Airpods, which is mainly what I use to edit so everybody doesn't have to hear me over the speakers. But in Premiere, it seems I can only select a specific sound card under audio hardware. So when I put in my Airpods I have to to go Audio Hardware and select them manually or the sound still plays over the speakers.

If I take my airpods out from my ears and put them back in, they stop working in Premiere (despite still working in every other app). I have to open the Audio Hardware panel, choose another sound device, click ok, open it AGAIN, and choose my airpods to get the functionality back. If someone walks in the room to talk to me and I remove my airpods I have to do this all over again.

All this could be solved if I could just tell Premiere to use whatever the default sound device of the system is, but this option is not showing up for me. Does anyone know how to force Premiere to just use the Windows default?

I know it's just a few clicks, but I'm doing it probably 25x a day. This issue is maddening and really drives my productivity down.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]