FORUMS: list search recent posts

Funny mistake or bug with durations on import

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Funny mistake or bug with durations on import
on Apr 1, 2019 at 8:49:43 pm

So I had an imported clip 23 minutes long, drag it to the timeline, and for some reason, it's automatically defaulting to TWO HOURS duration, copy-pasting the clip and a lot of black, multiple times to fill that time. All on it's own. I'm new to Premiere, so I don't know for sure what's causing this, I guess it's in the sequence settings? How do I make sure the thing automatically sets a timeline duration that's the same as the length of the incoming media clip(s) ?

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Funny mistake or bug with durations on import
on Apr 2, 2019 at 12:36:55 am

[Mark Suszko] "How do I make sure the thing automatically sets a timeline duration that's the same as the length of the incoming media clip(s) ?
"

You shouldn't have to do that. Sounds more like the clip has bad metadata and Premiere is reading the wrong frame rate. What frame rate does it display in the bin or project window?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Funny mistake or bug with durations on import
on Apr 2, 2019 at 1:53:20 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Apr 2, 2019 at 4:32:55 pm

Can't be the frame rate since the playback is correct. It's just way longer than the material. It must make a difference where I drag the file from, to put onto the timeline.

Update: that's it. The weird duplication doesn't happen if I navigate to the media browser and drag from there. If I did it the original way I was doing it, the timeline filled-up with multiple copies of the footage clips, followed by low rez bitmaps that are the picons for the clips,then the associated audio files, by themselves. If I marked the extra stuff out and killed it right off the bat, I could still edit on the timeline and it would be the right length then.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]