FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Pending Forever

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Herrick
Media Pending Forever
on Apr 1, 2019 at 4:35:57 pm
Last Edited By Charlie Herrick on Apr 1, 2019 at 4:48:39 pm

Everything was working fine a couple months ago, however, all my media was scattered around in different drives/folders. I consolidated them all into one drive/folder, and relinked everything within Premiere. It seemed to be successful.
Now I am trying to do another export of the timeline in higher-quality and it just gets stuck forever. I noticed that all my clips are displaying "Media Pending" and even if I let it sit for a full day, nothing changes.

I tried several solutions I found online including:
- Close large timelines and bins, save, close and reopen Premiere
- Un-enable and re-enable all clips in timeline
- Delete and reload Premiere's preferences
- Make small tweaks to a clip, such as adding a cut or removing/adding a frame
- Create a new sequence and copy-paste everything from the old one into the new one

None of this has worked.
The timeline claims the media is "offline", which begs two questions:
a) Why doesn't it just say "Media Offline" instead of "Media Pending"?
b) What was the point of spending all that time relinking my media after I moved my files?

Whenever I right-click a clip in the timeline in an attempt to relink it from there, I get the Beach Ball of Death and have to force quit.

I need to get this exported within the next couple days and since it needs to be maximum quality, I know the render is already going to eat up a lot of that time so I need to find a solution quickly...
Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Media Pending Forever
on Apr 1, 2019 at 6:33:02 pm

One thing I see you didn't try. Import your sequence into a new Project. Then try your export again.
TC

Return to posts index

Charlie Herrick
Re: Media Pending Forever
on Apr 2, 2019 at 3:54:10 pm

Thanks! Great idea; however when I tried to import a sequence from that file, the dialogue listed nothing. I'd previously saved another version of the project and that too listed no sequences.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]