FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Helsby
Premiere Pro CC
on Mar 31, 2019 at 8:29:14 am

Encore CS6 had some useful additional content for making dvd menus et al.
Does the current version of PP allow a dvd to be exported to Encore cs6 for burning;
or do I need to create menus in PP .
Does anyone know where to find tutorial on creation of menus and chapter buttons having created a video in PP.

Doug

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Premiere Pro CC
on Mar 31, 2019 at 12:27:13 pm

DVDs are "dead" for nearly all software developers. I *think* Encore will still run, but there may be an OS conflict between Encore and current Adobe CC versions (something to check). If you are on a Mac, FCPX still allows limited DVD creation, but very little menu creation control.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Doug Helsby
on Mar 31, 2019 at 12:44:51 pm

Thank you.
Unfortunately I still write dvds of my travels as aged relations like to see where we have been. I also like to view them on a television.
I will install Encore and see how it goes, but I have a feeling your are correct with compatibility.
what confuses me is that Adobe prior to CC2019 refer to Encore!
Thank you for replying
Doug

Doug

Return to posts index

Graham Tees
on Mar 31, 2019 at 1:33:49 pm

If the DVD route does not work for you, then you could create an .mp4 file and write that to a USB stick. Most television sets now have a USB connector, so you can still watch your program on a TV.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Mar 31, 2019 at 3:10:04 pm

[Doug Helsby] "Encore CS6 had some useful additional content for making dvd menus et al. "

You could also use a standalone app like Toast from Roxio to burn a DVD. For the few DVD's I have to produce each year, that's the route we go as Encore is dead. But like Oilver notes, the menu creation is very limited.

I'd also second Graham's idea of using a USB-flash drive because that's cheap and nearly all recent TV's have a USB port on them to read a media drive. Create a mp4 using the h.264 codec and that's about as universal as it gets in 2019!

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Doug Helsby
on Mar 31, 2019 at 3:45:48 pm

Thanks everyone.
I will probably head down the usb route as it would appear that Encore and other like programmes have hit the end of the cult de sac!
Cs6 to encore was , for me, straight forward and I had few issues with it. CC is a great programme and offers much.
Doug

Doug

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Mar 31, 2019 at 4:52:56 pm

Can't make any promises, but I just installed re-installed Encore for a personal project on the latest MacOS Mojave and CC2019. It worked perfectly. You can export a master file from Premiere (Pro Res, DNX, etc.), then encode for BluRay or DVD using the presets in Adobe Media Encoder.
Create basic menus in Encore itself. Was surprisingly easy and problem free.
If you Google, you can still find Encore tutorials online, if you need them.

Return to posts index

Doug Helsby
on Mar 31, 2019 at 5:06:17 pm

Thank you. I am pleased it works so now I will go back to the drawing board!
I realise the world of streaming is now de rigeur but the humble dvd still has place.cheers
Doug

Doug

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
on Apr 1, 2019 at 10:50:34 am

For personal stuff, I also still use Encore, Doug. I actually have some fun with menu design.

But I don't burn discs. I create an ISO image file, keep them on a PC attached to the TV, and they play back perfectly using VLC Media Player. Copies go onto flash drives and off to friends (who are tech savvy and know how to play them. So that part is easy for me.)

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Apr 1, 2019 at 11:27:29 am

We still use Encore with Photoshop for menu creation and Toast for burning ISO files. From industry standpoint DVD's may be obsolete but we have several customers that still want DVDs.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Apr 1, 2019 at 3:38:46 pm

I don't remember where I got these instructions, and haven't actually used them myself, but you might find them helpful. They're from August of 2017, so they are referring to an earlier version of Premiere, but I would think they'd still be relevant.

13233_makingadvdwithadobepremiereproccandencorecs6.pdf.zip

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
on Apr 1, 2019 at 5:08:06 pm

Hi all,
USBs work well and can carry large HD files.
Does anyone use software for creating autorun menus on USB sticks or flash drives?
(I would need Mac)
It would be nice to distribute several movies on a stick.
Thanks,
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Doug Helsby
on Apr 2, 2019 at 10:19:04 am

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. i shall investigate all and work out which is the best for me. thank you.

Doug

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]