FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render Settings confusion

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Chancey
Render Settings confusion
on Mar 27, 2019 at 5:41:58 pm

Hi!

New to the community, had a quick question regarding render settings and FPS.

I shot a video at mostly 60fps (80% of the video is 60fps, some of the clips are at 30fps)

When I render my video, should the Video Settings Framerate be at 59.94 or 30? When I tick the 'Match Clip Framerate' box, it automatically goes to 30 fps but as I mentioned earlier, most of the video was shot in 60FPS.

My questions are: Which framerate should I render at? Will it affect it in any way if I choose 30FPS even if most of the video is shot at 60?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Render Settings confusion
on Mar 27, 2019 at 8:57:15 pm

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the COW!

When I edit 60p clips, I generally do so in a 30p Sequence and then Export as 30p also. That's just me though. Editing 60p as 30p allows for some nice 50% slow motion as needed on some clips.

What is the content of the footage? How do you intend to deliver and view the exported video?

If working with some sort of fast-action footage (sports etc.) then maybe you want/need to deliver at 60p? For other needs, like weddings, then the 30p delivery with option to get the nice slomo may be preferable.

Please let us know more about what you are doing and that will help us to suggest an optimum workflow.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Kevin Chancey
on Mar 27, 2019 at 9:08:38 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome and the quick response!

So most of the footage is in 60fps and about 3-4 clips have a speed ramp applied to them for the slow-mo and speed-up effect.

It's a simple Youtube video, just looking for the crispiest, smoothest video for YT.

To clarify: Will my Render Settings Framerate affect my final video post render? Will there be a difference if I set the Render Settings Framerate to 60FPS instead of 30 FPS?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Mar 27, 2019 at 9:21:05 pm

I actually never really mess with the render settings, simply because I don't "render" my work, meaning turning the timeline bar from yellow or red to green. Unless playback is so clunky (due to heavy effects) that I can't get a watchable preview (which is almost never), I don't render anything.

https://theblog.adobe.com/red-yellow-and-green-render-bars

And even if you do render portions of the timeline, unless you check "Use Previews" in the final export, those temp render files are not used anyway and the final export format is created directly from the original source clips which is often the preferred method to maintain best quality.

So again, depending on footage it might look just fine as 30p in which case just use the H.264 > YouTube 1080p30 preset for export.

And since you are mixing 60p and 30p sources, and using slow motion, would recommend using a 30p editing sequence for best results if delivering as 30p. Better slow-mo for one thing.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Kevin Chancey
on Mar 27, 2019 at 9:25:53 pm

Sorry Jeff! I meant export settings! Replace Render Settings with Export settings!!

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Mar 29, 2019 at 2:28:17 pm

What you need for final delivery will usually be what you set up your sequence for. So, say you are delivering for broadcast (which is what I do), you would edit 1080 29.97 and render out that way. In your case, you're sending out to YT, and you have 60fps footage you've done speed effects in a 30fps sequence, I would just render it out 1080 30p. (Actually, I'm assuming 1080 30p is your sequence). You wouldn't really want to render it out 60 at this point.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]