FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a quick way to duplicate the effects rack of one track to another?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adi Frank
Is there a quick way to duplicate the effects rack of one track to another?
on Mar 24, 2019 at 11:29:31 pm

Hi. I have an audio track with several effects on the track.
Is there a quick way to duplicate those effects, including their settings, to another track?
I was looking for something like "duplicate track" or some way to copy the effects over similarly to how you can copy and paste layer styles in Photoshop.
Is there a way to do this? Or do you have to add each effect and adjust the settings to match manually?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Is there a quick way to duplicate the effects rack of one track to another?
on Mar 25, 2019 at 3:14:38 pm

Have you tried copy/paste? It works. To select multiple effects hold CMD key (or I guess CTL in Win). Or, Right Click "Audio Effects" in Effects Panel and Select All, Right Click again and Copy. Go to other layer and Right Click Audio Effects and select Paste.
TC

Return to posts index

Adi Frank
on Mar 25, 2019 at 8:18:35 pm

Hi Todd,
I'm not sure how you're able to select effects, let alone select multiple effects.

Let's say I have audio on track A1
In the Audio Track Mixer I add a Graphic Equalizer, a Multitap Delay and a Hard Limiter. I then adjust each effect to achieve my desired sound for that track.
Now I want to add another audio clip to track A2 and I want A2 to have the same effects with the same settings as what I applied to track A1.
How are you copy and pasting the effects? From the Audio Track Mixer or from somewhere else?

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Mar 25, 2019 at 9:52:42 pm

I think I know where you're at now. Try this from Adobe:

Copy and paste track effects
You can copy track effects from one section of a track and paste them into another. When pasted, the track effect keyframes land in the track from which they were copied, at the location of the current-time indicator. Targeting tracks does not affect where the pasted keyframes land.

In a Timeline, select one or more track keyframes to copy. To select more than one Shift-click on each keyframe, or drag a marquee around neighboring keyframes.
Select Edit > Copy.
Place the current-time indicator at the location where you want to paste the keyframes.
Select Edit > Paste.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/applying-effects-audio.html

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Mar 25, 2019 at 5:00:55 pm

Its still totally manual unless there has been an unannounced feature added.
More than a little annoying.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Mar 25, 2019 at 7:05:30 pm

I just did a test by adding a few plugins and changed its parameters.
I then copied the clip from the sequence.
Place another audio clip in the sequence and selected Paste Attributed.
The list shows up as far as what is being pasted.
Not sure but am I missing something that you're having issues with?

Return to posts index

Adi Frank
on Mar 25, 2019 at 8:50:13 pm

[Eric Santiago] "Not sure but am I missing something that you're having issues with?"

I think you're copying effects from clip to clip.
I'm talking about copying effects from track to track, or alternatively duplicating a track along with all it's applied effects and attributes.

Return to posts index

Adi Frank
on Mar 25, 2019 at 10:17:49 pm

Hi Eric,
Okay, I see what you're doing. It's not exactly what I mean though.
You're still referring to effects that are applied to an individual clip on the timeline, not a track.
If you go to Window>Audio Track Mixer - you can apply effects to entire tracks, which is supposed to be like a "send" in audio mixing. This effect will apply to any audio placed on that specific track.

In Sony Vegas for example you can apply effects with keyframes to individual clips and also to entire tracks. And you can easily duplicate tracks. I was just looking for something similar here in Premiere.

To achieve this with the technique you're referring to, you would need to apply the specific effects individually to each clip on the track one by one. Then copy paste the keyframes to each track one by one. I was looking for something much faster and simpler. If this indeed is lacking in Premiere, it's pretty astonishing. Seems like really basic stuff for a video editing suite.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]