FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow for Colour Correcting / Grading in Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Dearman
Workflow for Colour Correcting / Grading in Premiere
on Mar 20, 2019 at 8:41:11 am

Hi
I'm about to start grading in premiere and I'm getting to grips with Lumetri. I've got a concern around using multiple Lumetri effects on the same clip and wonder what other people do to deal with this.

In Davinci resolve for example, you can add multiple 'nodes' (effectively multiple colour effects) so I would first add a note to do basic corrections, then maybe a second node for fixes then a third node for creative grading type effects. Sometimes you might end up with a lot more nodes than that on a clip - which is fine.

I had thought I could do the same in premiere - so add a Lumetri color effect for basic colour correction, then a second one etc etc. However, from testing things it seems that this wouldn't be wise in that each effect is destructive. I.e. as a test, if I add a lumetri effect and bring all the levels right down so that I have really dark image, then add a second lumetri effect and bring the levels back up again, the resulting image has no detail in it, so it looks like the detail gets lost when effect 1 squashes the levels down and therefore isn't there anymore for effect 2.
Something like davinci resolve doesn't do this - you could completely crush the blacks or blow out the whites with node 1 but then that detail would still be there so that node 2 could pull the details back out if you wanted.

So I'm just curious what people generally do in premiere? Are people generally just using on lumetri effect per clip?

Thanks for any replies

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]