FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mass Export Canon MOV files with Left Channel Removed

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Haas
Mass Export Canon MOV files with Left Channel Removed
on Mar 14, 2019 at 7:39:09 pm

We had an issue with our audio equipment while recording. We fed the audio from our external recorder into the camera. The left channel had its gain so high, it's unbearable to listen to. The right channel, also terrible but usable for syncing purposes. We use PluralEyes to sync our audio and video files, but the audio on the video is so bad now, PluralEyes can't sync any of it.

So I figure if I can re-export all the footage with the right channel only, then run PluralEyes, it'll work. I can't seem to get Media Encoder to export just the right audio channel though.

If this doesn't work. I'll just export all the audio for all these video clips, delete all the left channels, sync only the audio, then filename match every video clip.

Any ideas on another way I can solve this problem?

Return to posts index

Mike janowski
Re: Mass Export Canon MOV files with Left Channel Removed
on Mar 14, 2019 at 9:02:27 pm

put your files into a long stringout sequence in Premiere, delete the offending channel. Export.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 15, 2019 at 12:47:01 am

If you have Quicktime Pro, open the file...then go WINDOW>SHOW MOVIE PROPERTIES, and uncheck the left channel (Ch1). If you don't have that, DIgital Rebellion has QT EDIT, part of the Pro Media Tools, and it will do this.

https://www.digitalrebellion.com/promedia/

That way, you don't need to re-encode the file, you can just turn off the bad channel.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Mar 15, 2019 at 2:53:10 pm

Are you using PluralEyes in PPro? Within PPro you can select all your clips - Right Click - Modify Audio. Remove the left channel, make the right mono or keep it stereo. Even if you need to export, this would be the way to strip that channel in PPro.
TC

Return to posts index

Adam Haas
on Mar 15, 2019 at 9:43:37 pm

I'll have to give that a try should this happen again Todd.

I solved this problem by dragging all the clips into Media Encoder, exporting a WAV file with a separate file for each channel.

Then I deleted all the left channel files with the unusable buzz.

Dragged the audio recorder files (TASCAM) and the exported files (renamed to AUD_XXXX instead of MVI_XXXX) and synchronized those in PluralEyes and exported the timeline.

When I imported the timeline, I then (manually) dragged the corresponding video clip on top of the matching audio file (based on the XXXX in the file name).

Muted the video audio track layer and I'm set.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]